Inspired by Maggie Mason’s Mighty Life List I decided to put fingers to keyboard and plot out some goals that I’d like to reach before I meet my maker. I’ve always been a procrastinator and I’m hoping that having my goals listed and in my face will help push me towards actually achieving them. Along the way I’ll be adding more items as they come to me and here’s hoping that I’ll subtract even more.
- Get my passport. (especially so I can cover it with this)
- Learn to swim.
- Take a dance class.
- Finish college.
- Visit family in Puerto Rico and Spain.
- Go on an archeological dig.
Join a gym.
- Run a 5K.
Own a bike.
- Bike the entire 22 mile Cape Cod Rail Trail… and back.
- Sit in an Irish castle.
- Master every recipe in this book.
- Take a road trip along the Mississippi River.
- Get a lap dance in Montreal, Canada.
Row a boat in Central Park.
- Take 365 photos in 365 Days.
- Scuba dive in Hawaii.
Go apple picking. Make a pie entirely from scratch.
- Have cheese in Paris.
- Eat 100 kinds of cheese.
- Consume over 500 edible fruits.
- Plant daisies.
- Get married.
- Give birth.
- Be a surrogate for someone.
- Remember my daily vitamins.
- Take a portraiture class taught by Amy Arbus at ICP.
- Own a bedroom set.
- Make a quilt of all my baby clothes with my mother.
- Make a documentary about my mother.
- Be as good of a mom as my mother.
- Be more active in my community.
- Find a therapist.
- Take a crochet or knitting class.
- Start a business.
- Have a picnic in Centralia, Pennsylvania.
- Backpack through Smoky Mountain national park.
- Take a boat through the ship graveyards around Staten Island and New Jersey.
Eat Lobster in Maine.
- Co-Author a book about Staten Island, NY with Terrence.
- Have a photo book published.
Find a beer I’ll enjoy. Have a drink at Cheers in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Buy a fancy camera.
- Be paid to do something I love.
- Inspire someone.
- Kiss a girl.
- Have a 50th birthday party.
- Ride a horse.
- Swim with a dolphin.
- Cage dive with sharks.
- Visit all 50 States.
- Build a house.
- Sing in a band.
- Draw something better than stairs on an etch-a-sketch.
Own a cello.
- Learn to play the cello.
- Get braces.
- Go skydiving.