Inspired by Maggie Mason’s Mighty Life List I decided to put fingers to keyboard and plot out some goals that I’d like to reach before I meet my maker. I’ve always been a procrastinator and I’m hoping that having my goals listed and in my face will help push me towards actually achieving them. Along the way I’ll be adding more items as they come to me and here’s hoping that I’ll subtract even more.
- Get my passport. (especially so I can cover it with this)
- Learn to swim.
- Take a dance class.
- Finish college.
- Visit family in Puerto Rico and Spain.
- Go on an archeological dig.
Join a gym.
- Run a 5K.
Own a bike.
- Bike the entire 22 mile Cape Cod Rail Trail… and back.
- Sit in an Irish castle.
- Master every recipe in this book.
- Take a road trip along the Mississippi River.
- Get a lap dance in Montreal, Canada.
Row a boat in Central Park.
- Take 365 photos in 365 Days.
- Scuba dive in Hawaii.
Go apple picking.
Make a pie entirely from scratch.
- Have cheese in Paris.
- Eat 100 kinds of cheese.
- Consume over 500 edible fruits.
- Plant daisies.
- Get married.
- Give birth.
- Be a surrogate for someone.
- Remember my daily vitamins.
- Take a portraiture class taught by Amy Arbus at ICP.
- Own a bedroom set.
- Make a quilt of all my baby clothes with my mother.
- Make a documentary about my mother.
- Be as good of a mom as my mother.
- Be more active in my community.
- Find a therapist.
- Take a crochet or knitting class.
- Start a business.
- Have a picnic in Centralia, Pennsylvania.
- Backpack through Smoky Mountain national park.
- Take a boat through the ship graveyards around Staten Island and New Jersey.
Eat Lobster in Maine.
- Co-Author a book about Staten Island, NY with Terrence.
- Have a photo book published.
Find a beer I’ll enjoy.
Have a drink at Cheers in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Buy a fancy camera.
- Be paid to do something I love.
- Inspire someone.
- Kiss a girl.
- Have a 50th birthday party.
- Ride a horse.
- Swim with a dolphin.
- Cage dive with sharks.
- Visit all 50 States.
- Build a house.
- Sing in a band.
- Draw something better than stairs on an etch-a-sketch.
Own a cello.
- Learn to play the cello.
- Get braces.
- Go skydiving.
My computer holds a terabyte of space and I’d say that I utilize 15% of it. I’m terrified of losing my files in a terrible hard drive accident, it’s happened. A few Christmas’ ago Terrence built me a new computer and he occasionally updates it for me, I have a 500gb external that houses all of my pictures and my music library… all of which consumes all but 4gb of space. Which is exactly the point of Terrence upgrading my space (that I never use).
Is there a point? Of course. In my efforts to clear up some space on my external so I wouldn’t have to be forced to actually put anything onto my pc I came across a few videos of Terrence and I interacting. I realized a few things about us in them too… I am annoying and Terrence is very good at ignoring me. I really don’t know how he puts up with me.
Every year since meeting Terrence I’ve tried to get him a musical instrument or simply some kind of noise maker for holidays or birthdays. He really loves all things musical and I very much enjoy watching him filled with childlike glee as he makes sounds come out of various objects. For Christmas in 2008 I had gotten him a cowbell… I figured every musician needs one. I’m not sure that I’ve ever gotten the hang of using that cowbell but it sure is fun pretending.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Unfortunately for you the second video was cut when the camera ran out of space, you’ll just have to imagine what sort of hi-jinks Terrence and I got ourselves into for yourselves I guess.
100-76 | 75-51 | 50-26 | 25-1
Throughout these past few days as I was putting together these posts I sincerely missed Imeem. Not that Lala’s not a suitable substitute for single track capture but as far as playlists go it’s pretty useless, unless you want to pay $0.10 for ever track you include. Lame. I miss you Imeem, I hope someone creates something useful to replace you soon. But aside from my lists shortcomings thanks to this years loss I think it went alright. No one has given me shit yet, maybe the naysayers are waiting for the end to rip my opinions apart. I look forward to it as always.
I’m ready when you are.